Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Happiness Project, Getting Started

I didn't make it to church this morning, because while frustratingly searching the house for any one of my girls' three combs I went into their room. And freaked.
So....I and the girls are at home, cleaning their room. Or they are while I supervise. I'm not messing with this kind of mess, especially when there is cat poop involved and I'm pregnant. Sigh.

Later today we have the first official meeting for those of interested in forming an intentional homesteading community. I'm really excited about that.

While the girls' are cleaning their room, though, I am working on starting my "Happiness Project." I think I have my "11 Priorities" figured out. 11 Priorities are the eleven most important things in my life, and I am going to focus on them, one per month, for the next year to increase my overall happiness. Bear with me, I'm really not sure if I  am doing this right.

My 11 Priorities, in no particular order, are:

Time
God
Health
Money
Creativity
Marriage
Parenthood
Friendship
Future
Home
Attitude

Nothing there is unique, even a little. Now I'm trying to come up with 4 or 5 resolutions to support each one. Some of these are easy, like Health. Creativity, future, attitude...I'm not coming up with a lot. I'll let you know when I have this figured out.

I am also trying to come up with my personal 12 Commandments, my Laws of Christine-hood, and my Eight Auspicious Symbols of Happiness.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment