Sunday, June 15, 2014

More Emergency Room fun

So two months ago I took Ki to the emergency room for swallowing magnets. It was an all night affair with x-rays and laxatives and everything, but he's okay. Two weeks ago I took him back for a nasty gash below his eyebrow that was trying to let all of the inside of his eyelid out. That was an all day affair with surgery and everything, but he's okay.
Tomorrow, finally, another member of the family gets his turn: my poor husband, the Ninja Time Lord. He has had a fever of over 100 degrees for more than 36 hours now, and unless he makes a miraculous recovery overnight I'm dragging him to the hospital tomorrow. He's missed three days of work now and I don't remember the last time that's happened. I don't actually remember that ever happening. 

I'm also supposed to get a new driver's license and a dog kennel and water the church's flowers, but if my previous experiences with the E.R. hold true I won't be doing anything but taking care of the NTL tomorrow. I hope he's okay.

It's been an stressful Father's Day. Our air conditioning broke last night too. Which reminds me, I need to cancel the appointment I made to get it fixed tomorrow. A wonderful man, husband to a wonderful woman from my homeschool co-op, drove 45 minutes on Father's Day to come fix our air conditioning at a ridiculously low price. It was a short in the wire and low freon, so we need to arrange to get our leak fixed. Something to do tomor....Tuesday, I guess.

Our chicks and our goat are doing well. The kids are all healthy, even if Tavi thinks the best way to communicate is to angrily scream all day.

Anyone play World of Warcraft? The girls are dragging me kicking and screaming into it. A good mom develops interests to help her bond with her kids, right? First time I haven't been able to just get one interested in my interests instead. I have no sense of time on the best of days, WoW certainly doesn't help.

I talked to my dad this evening like I should, but his gift won't arrive for another couple of weeks. I extend the holidays, yes I do.

I don't really have anything to say right now. I'm tired and my feet still hurt and I'm worried, which isn't adding a single hour to my life but is taking hours out of my sleep, so I'm just going to remember that God is good and I am blessed and go to bed now.

Happy Father's Day, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment