Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Going to bed now. Ish.

Well, I did screw up this time. So now I'm posting 13 minutes after the "deadline" and when I have to be at work in less than 8 hours. Today was good though. I have decided to take a walk with all of the kids everyday as soon as I get home from work. We did today and it was nice. We met some neighbors, enjoyed the beautiful trees and some charming houses in the neighborhood, and accidentally stole a neighbor's dog. Seriously, it wasn't our fault; the little guy just would not stop following us. My kids got all fired up about getting our own dog and I told them it would happen shortly AFTER this house is all set up. Tomorrow I will share pictures, and you can see the chaos that having as many books as a library and as many bookshelves as a phone booth can cause. Maybe, though, they are now motivated enough to work on cleaning up even when I'm not standing over them.

I decided to buy a moped today, and then decided against it tonight. It's fun and cool and could be a little helpful, but for just a few hundred more I could get a truck which would be fun and cool and a whole lot helpful. Face it, if I need to transport fencing materials and goats to stay within fencing materials, a truck is more suited than a moped. Plus I don't think they make goat helmets. Though now I want to google that. Ah, my ADD brain at midnight...


Made a thanksgiving menu today. It looks like we will have 20 people to feed: our family of 10, our god-family of six, my parents, and a friend and her daughter from church. My parents are the only non-gluten free members of this group...I think they are dreading the meal just a bit. Except for the biscuits which I think I will let my friend make because she is AWESOME with gluten-free baking, everything is also going to be grain-free. But not dairy-free. Because we don't roll that way. Wanna see the menu? Maybe tomorrow I will actually link to the recipes for this, but tonight I'm just going to copy and paste from the document.

Thanksgiving Meal for 20 people

2 Turkeys and 6 extra legs (provided by us)
Biscuits/Rolls
Fruit Salad
Broccoli
Cranberry sauce
salad greens and dressings
Macaroni (diced cauliflower) and Cheese w/bacon (provided by us)
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Asparagus (provided by us)
Skillet Apples (provided by us)
Peach Crisp
Chess Pie, 2 each of lemon, chocolate, and brown sugar (provided by us)
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped Cream or whipping cream
Drinks: water, apple cider and hot chocolate will be provided by the us. Eggnog, liquor/beer, tea or anything else is welcome.

Whatdayathink? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment